JOIN THE DATA GUMBO TEAM
Data Gumbo is an award-winning disruptive innovator, as noted in the Forbes Energy Awards. We provide the industry with a trusted transactional network to automate contract execution for tomorrow's leaders through our smart contract network, GumboNet™. With integrated real-time capabilities that power smart contracts, our network reduces contract leakage, frees up working capital, enables real-time cash and financial management, and delivers provenance with unprecedented speed, accuracy, visibility, and transparency.
Headquartered in Houston, TX, Data Gumbo has subsidiary offices in London, United Kingdom; Stavanger, Norway; the Middle East, and plans for Latin America to serve our growing customer base. We are funded by the venture arms of two of the world's largest energy companies, and the VC firm, L37. We plan to double headcount in the near future.
Currently, we are looking for a contract engineer with the opportunity to be brought on full-time.
Data Gumbo is looking for a talented full-stack software developer with experience with cloud solutions such as MS Azure, Amazon, or Google Cloud. Data Gumbo offers distributed ledger technology (private-permissioned blockchain) within the Oil & Gas, Shipping, and Logistics industries to automate transactions, reduce inefficiencies, and guarantee accurate execution of terms using smart contracts.
The Full Stack Software Developer is responsible for designing and developing system-level software, and providing system support, while constantly improving performance through established metrics. This position offers the ability to concentrate on one module or participate in system-wide development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build containerized cloud solutions that are secure, performant, and scalable
- Understand the existing code base; design and build new features to meet market requirements
- Apply generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation
- Participates in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting software
- Provides assistance and routine consultation to internal users or other team members as needed
- Implement tools and techniques to increase programming efficiency and quality
- Willingness to follow through with an issue until resolved
- Openness to new technologies, old technologies, or whatever technologies are required to best solve a problem
- Ability to think through a solution from different aspects to find holes, not just accepting the solution after it works the first time
- 2-10 years of software development experience
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience with:
- Building font-end web UIs that are both functional and beautiful
- Building scalable back-end solutions, especially in Node.js, GoLang, and/or C# (ASP.NET core)
- Messaging systems, Kafka preferred
- Building RESTful APIs, GraphQL experience a plus
- Idiomatic programming
- Data visualization (graphing libraries, d3)
- Cloud platforms, especially Azure
- SQL, MongoDB, and NoSQL databases
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team
- Knowledge of containers & container orchestration technologies—Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Ability to take and give constructive feedback
- Various experience with—multiple coding languages, industries, roles, etc.—is a plus
- Interest in helping to define processes, procedures, and standards is a plus
- Positive attitude and able to thrive in a fast-moving start-up environment
Preferred Experience in the Following:
- Front end technologies such as React, Angular
- Building scalable back end solutions
- SaaS product development
- Oil and Gas
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above and below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. The employee must be able to write routine reports and correspondence and should have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.